Sunday, March 3, 2013

Pinterst FAIL!

I seriously don't know why I try. I looked at Pinterest before Valentine's Day and saw this adorable card with a precious little girl holding up 3 signs that said "I" "Love" "You". "Oh what a great idea," I said to myself. " This will be SO EASY with the boys." (Stop for a second and snicker to yourself... okay now back to the story...) So I put the boys in ADORABLE matching overalls, made some home made signs, cleaned a corner of the playroom and got ready with the camera... Well take a look...




Tyler is teething and was drooling and eating the paper. So that worked REALLY WELL!!!

And then Ethan... Oh 2 year old Ethan. SCREAMED when I asked him to do it. Bryan came in to help and tried bribery "You want donuts Ethan? If you sit still for mommy for a second I will get us donuts!!" But nothing. Then he took off his clothes and ran into the living room. So after he BEGGED for his superman shirt (no pants mind you) I tried to just put the sign around him..




I mean honestly. Do I need to have a girl? Do I need to drug my children first? How do these moms do this stuff? They all looks so amazing. So what did I do? I printed off the REAL pictures and made a collage for the grandparents and their teachers. At first I felt a twinge of shame that the other moms at school would be giving the teachers precious pictures of their children in matching heart sweatshirts.. but this is what I got.... and this who I love. They are a hot mess- but so is life. Life isn't Pinterst... our life is messy, dirty, "NO PANTS", drooling on art sort of life.



And I love it!

No comments: