Saturday, March 9, 2013

Jump too fast

I was drinking a beer-in bed- alone- with Allie McBeal on the iPad just trying to drown out the screaming. Perhaps I should rewind and tell you how we got here to this beautiful picture.

Okay.. So this is an old pic of Ethan.. But the night felt like this!!!!
Tyler. Tyler is how we got here. No, I shouldn't blame the baby.:) you see, I may be the type of person who doesn't really think before I act. If my gut says "go" I go. No thinking, no asking opinions, just go. The attribute has been great in my own self healing process. However, often times it gets me in trouble... Like this time.

We have a 3 bedroom house and I have been sick and tired of feeling like I love in toys r us. So, in December, after Tyler had slept through the night a total of 3 days I got the idea of combining the rooms so we can have a playroom and get all the toys out of the living room. I didn't ask Bryan, didn't think through that Tyler hadn't stated teething yet.. Yada yada.... And I did it. It was too cute and it worked for 2 nights... Until T started teething. Needless to say I haven't gotten much sleep or slept through the night since mid December. So Wednesday night I had it... One too many sleepless nights for this mom. I woke up Thursday and within 30 minutes had them in separate rooms again.

 yes- another old picture of Ethan- I felt it went along with the blog.. =)

 
Well Tyler was NOT A FAN of the move. After 2 months of being able to sleep with mommy after just mkaing a peep, I had to have him cry it out. And cry it out he did. You know those annoying children in the supermarket line that scream when mom doesn't get them a snickers bar. It was like that - but for 53 minutes. That's right FIFTY THREE MINUTES!!! I timed it. I went in for a beer, climbed into bed and put Allie McBeal on the Ipad. I am not heartless, but I know this is the only way for him to learn. Every 20 minutes I went into to recover him, put in the paci and pat his back. And tonight he cried for 51 minutes...we are getting better??!?!?I created this monster and I have to live with it.

It's a lesson learned- maybe next time before I have a "brilliant idea" I will sit on my hands and think before I act.

1 comment: