Sunday, March 3, 2013

Baby Shower (just a month late)



Blog moms--- how in the world do you blog on time. Today the boys are sleeping late so I am updating the blog for the last month.

Last month we had a baby shower for the sweet Allison. Allison and I met at grad school. Tyler was actually "created" on her wedding weekend (note why Bryan says we aren't allowed to go on vacation anymore... 2 vacations=2 babies) and I am still trying to convince them they it's because of them that Ty is here therefor they are in charge of his college fund.
Allison is having a sweet girl Madeleine and so we had Sugar and Spice all over the place. It was SO NICE to have a break to just be around the girls and leave the boys at home.


Allison and Heather

Deanna, Allison and Melissa- and their shoes!


Because it's classier to have beer in a wine glass!

 The shower was a huge success. All of her sweet friends were generous and so very fun. Allison even got through the entire shower with her heals on - more than I can say for myself. I have to admit that my favorite part of the day was when the boys and kids came back and we could all han gout together. It certainly takes a village to get through life and I am so grateful that we have these sweet people in our village.




On a VERY SWEET note. I am so glad that God gave me boys. I prayed for boys. I know that if I had a daughter we would for sure be saving up for loads of therapy for me, or her, or both of us together. But there is certainly part of my heart that loves sitting and cuddeling, and playing dressup and going shopping for sparkely shoes. So God sent one little girl into my life- sweet Bridgette. I call her "my girl." When the kids came to join us at the shower Bridgette and I were talking about her day and as Bryan brought the boys upstairs I said "Oh- there are my boys" and she walked up to me and said "and I am your girl!" You are right sweet girl. She has the worlds best mommy- and I am glad that I get my little girl fix with this sassy little 3 year old. 

 
 
 
Pretty sure we need to have a talk with Ethan about Boundaries and "no means no!"
 

1 comment:

Random Thoughts by Jewels said...

As a blog mom I can tell you how I am able to blog about three times a week. I have a job that keeps me not so busy. I only blog at work. I never have time to get on Facebook or Blogspot at home. ;)

Right there with ya' on the girl comment. I have my sweet niece, Ellie Day, for my girl fixes but I'm most definitely a "boy mom"!