Thursday, March 14, 2013

Jesus wasn't kidding...

Jesus wasn't kidding when he said "let the children come to me..." It was brilliant. Children know FAR MORE than we do. At least their hearts know.

We say "God Bless You" at our house and Ethan is now saying "Bless You God" (with the exception of Jake's sneezes.. where in fact he says "Bless you Jake.. Bless you"). I know what he means- but its  a constant reminder (since he doesn't seem to understand the difference between a cough and a sneeze and we all have allergies at the Head house). I will be mad, or at the end of my rope, or step on a lego (AGAIN) and Ethan will suddenly say "Bless you God." Yes sweet boy, we need to bless him in ALL THINGS!

Last night before bed, he took my hand and said "Book? Thank you God?" He was ready for routine- a boy after my own heart. But better still all day today he would randomly say "thank you God" in a sweet innocent voice where I think he was saying it to God himself. And you are right again sweet boy we DO need to thank God all day.

My favorite new thing about saying prayers at night with Ethan is that when I say "Amen" he says "Yeah! Bye God. Bye mom."

May his heart always want to speak his name so much!

No comments: