Monday, March 25, 2013

2

 
I can't believe it. This little miracle baby (Bryan called him our car crash baby) turned TWO! I remember the moments I just wanted him to make it an hour. So we celebrating with what I thought was a "toned down party." His first MAY or not have been a little overboard (however I am contemplating doing the exact same things for Tylers... balloon artist and all!), so we decided to just have the playgroup, the grandparents, godparents and our best friends. Later that night we had a family birthday.
 
Ethan LOVED Donald Duck so  we got a stand up Donald Duck and planned a party around it.

 Bryan made the cupcakes... AWESOME!! We only had 8 kids over and they all loved playing outside in fort, swinging, an running around.

 
 
 
No pictures of Ethan right? Yepp- Why? BECAUSE HE WASN'T THERE. Yes. My child, the kid whose birthday it is was in the room with his Lele playing with his toys. I have to say I don't blame him. I always think I want a big party, but when it comes to it I end up wanting to go back into my room and play with my toys. I like my one or two people, a beer or two, and my pajamas (substitute milk for beer and you have Ethan).




So I tried to be a good mom and let him stay in his room... until it was time to blow out his candle. Then I "forced him outside" which as you see didn't really work- and check out the background- Tyler wasn't having it either. My mom was good at trying to tempt him to enjoy himself.



 It doesn't get any better... check out his face. It's as if he is determined to be miserable.
Then it was time to eat--- without knowing it Bryan fed Tyler an ENTIRE CUPCAKE. Needless to say there was a lot of upset tummies that evening.





 

 

 I love two year olds. I have heard a lot of moms complain about this age, but I suppose I like it because often times I feel like a two year old.


They wear their hearts on their sleeves and you know for sure what they are feeling- I want to be the same way (oh hell I am the same way!).
They need their alone time. Every hour or so Ethan goes into his room and shuts the door behind him for a while. I wish mommy's could do the same thing.

They get to eat with their hands ALL THE TIME!And always want to share food that taste good. Who doesn't like to share some good food.

Two is just FUN! I love seeing the world through little eyes. I love everyday just BEING with the boys.. they have no stresses.. they just to get have fun ALL DAY!

 
I love every second with both of my boys... the good.. the bad... the toddler years.



2 comments:

Random Thoughts by Jewels said...

So cute! And I agree... two is one of the best ages! :)

Team Harries said...

Cute! Happy birthday Ethan!