Friday, March 22, 2013

It's these moments I will miss

Every time, no exaggerating, I am at Target with the boys a mom stops me to tell me to enjoy them. Every one of these moms tells me the years go by so fast and they don't know how their boys are 14,22,30...

I know they right. The days may be long, but the years will be fast. I also know they are a huge gift from God, and I don't want to waste a second of the time we have had together.

I have a new rule for myself- NO phone , computer or ipad when the boys are awake. Every second I have with them I want to soak up. It was hard at first , but then at church our pastor said "99% is a beating, 100% is a breeze." And he's right now i just put it up completely. Ethan has figured it out and when i had my ipad out to shoot an email for work (bad mommy) he said "no mommy!"


 I am trying to truly LIVE and soak in this age.

After school last week I took E to Starbucks for milk and a cookie. He just kept saying "oh thank you mommy !" Tyler slept.:)

We met our friend Katie at church for a game of hide and seek.

We go up to the galleria every week before any other kids are there to play.

We snuggle before bed with mommy and Elmo.

We go to the zoo and talk to Gorillas.


God chose us to raise these 2 for such a short time. They are on loan. I want to soak in the blessing. I want to take every minute to make sure they know I love them, bur more importantly GOD lives them.











No comments: