Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Creature of Habit

Now that Ethan is 2, his personality is starting to truly blossom. The good, the bad and the toddler.
 
He blossoms and is a very active little critter around 4 people or less. He will scream, dance, climb, joke, read, and play. However, when anyone comes around that he doesn't know, or there are more than 4 people in the room.... he shuts down. If it gets too loud he will cover his ears and say "home.. home.. home..." until someone inevitably takes him home. In the last couple of weeks we have gone to the hospital to see my grandma, gone to a birthday party, attended a Popsicle party for school and a babysitting night at school... all of which ended in Ethan breaking down and saying (yelling) "HOME!!" I worried that he would never be able to handle large situations... until I took a look in the mirror. Holy Geez... ME TOO ETHAN! I would rather be 3-4 people, I come alive in small groups and shut down in loud big groups.. I am just fine and he will be too.
 
 One other thing we have in common is our love for routine. And our new routine is the zoo every Monday. After school, mommy changes her clothes and we had to the zoo for a ridiculous amount of afternoon fun. Ethan gets to run around since the zoo is often not crowded.
 
Tyler is loving it too... especially the few places where he can see from his carseat. Especially the penguins.
 
 
Monday has become my FAVORITE day. I love our sweet time together. I love mommy and me time. I know before I know they will think this is totally lame and they would rather be with their friends than with mommy. So for now I am living in every second minute. 

No comments: