Sunday, May 12, 2013

True motherhood .. A true gift



I want to start off by saying what I know of motherhood. My boys aren't mine. They are on loan. For some reason, God chose these two sweet children of HIS, HIS two sweet sons, and said "here Sarah, you be their mom till I call them back to me." When I remember this, I look at parenting totally differently. I take extra care to make sure their learning about their Father and I handle them with care. I take my role seriously and apologize when I totally fail!

I also am thankful that God allowed the HUGE blessing of years of infertility.  Gods plan is always to bring Him GLORY.. Always . Even when it feels like your life is falling apart. After recovery from a nasty eating disorder, God set several girls in my life who needed to hear the truth about the beauty that God sees i them. And after a 2+ year battle with infertility, doctors saying we were infertile, miscarriages, ectopic pregnancies, loss of fallopian tube, and years of frustration and heartbreak- He remained faithful to give us not 1, but 2 miracle babies. I'm not suppose to be able to have either. Now, God is setting ministry opportunities in front of me with women who have the same battle ahead. 

Motherhood is a huge responsibility, a huge blessing, and an amazing gift. And we CAN NOT do it without God. God's grace and forgiveness on days where everything falls apart. God's words when we don't know the right answers for their tough questions. And God's peace in the midst of chaos.. 

Pray for your mom friends, have grace with yourself, and cling to Jesus!

2 comments:

Random Thoughts by Jewels said...

I absolutely love this post!

Team Harries said...

Hope you had a happy mothers day!