Friday, July 8, 2011

What a Weekend

We had a crazy busy 4th of July weekend. Bryan and I are such homebodies- so when we have a weekend full of social activities it needs to be written down.

First we had a sweet birthday party for one of my favorite 2 year olds. We headed to the Bloems () and join with the future Melkes. Bridgette is 2, Aiden is 9 months and Ethan is now 3 months. They look like they are so much older, but I know in a year when they will all be able to play together and I am so excited.


Aiden wasn't so sure about Ethan. He just couldnt move as much as he desired. So he spent the evening poking him waiting for him to move.


Marc started drawing tattoos on Bridgette. At first she wasn't so sure, but as soon as Marc stopped she drew all over her arms.


Bridgette is so good with the little boys. She was gentle with E and at one point just started kissing him and laughing "kiss baby... kiss baby!! hahaha..."

Then we headed to family time at Karen and Ricks house. It was nice to have some good quality family time. And there was a pool, so my half fish husband had to get in and so did our half fish son.


The sweetest moment of the night was when Diesel laid on the floor and giggeled with Ethan. I cant wait to see the relationship that blossoms out of these two over the years. I adore my father, and my heart gets so SO BIG when I see the two of these boys together.


Then on 4th of July we headed to the Carrolls. They have been some of our best friends since we started dating. They have been an example of Christ marriage to us and have been great at praying for us through the rough times. They were up at the hospital to visit us when Ethan was born nearly every day. It's been so fun to see David and Ethan. He is the baby whisperer.

They even bought E his own floaty and he loved it (until his diaper started to fill up and he began to sink.


After such an amazing weekend, it was nice to start the work week with my other kids. This kid is going to learn to be quiet a flirt with all the girls he is with all the time.

No comments: