Tuesday, July 5, 2011

jakey


I have had sweet Jake since I was a senior in college. In October of my senior year both my childhood dogs passed away and I was a mess. My roommates, I think just to get me to stop crying, said they would buy me a dog dog for my birthday. We went to the Waco shelter and found Jake right off. He came from a big litter... they were all barking and Jake was asleep in the back. That just about sums up how he has lived ever since.

Poor Jake- he has been very patient as we have added more people to our pack. It was just he and I for 6 years.. then Bryan...then Peeka... now Ethan. When we brought Ethan home Jake would have NOTHING to do with him. If Ethan was brought into a room, Jake would quickly walk out. However, in the last 2 weeks Jake has become very protective of this little guy. If he cries more than 2 seconds, he runs in to stare at me .. as if to say "FIX IT!" Today the two of them took a nap together on the bed...holding hands/paws.

No comments: