Sunday, July 17, 2011

What I have learned from James



I have been following the Sikes blog (http://jamescamdensikes.blogspot.com) and am heartbroken over their loss. It has been a long road and a heartbroken road for us to lose a baby that we didnt even get the chance to see- I can not image the loss of a 8 month old. Within their blogging, both parents have been amazed at how the life of their son has effected people- but I am not amazed at all... however I think I have learned something from ALL 3 of them. Babies face things with all that they have-its in their very nature. I wish that we had all had the energy of children to face all our challenge without abandon and without fear. It's been the parents however that I am amazed with. I read a comment that said God allows huge tragedies to happen to two different kinds of people: those unbelievers so that they may learn to have faith in Him and believers who will show the grace and love of Christ throughout the ordeal. The Sikes are an amazing example of this love. They are not perfect and certainly are dealing with a ridiculous amount of heartache and pain- but through it all they have not forgotten who is in charge. They have put all their trust in the One who gave them their son, and trust that He is taking care of James now in heaven.

I believe:
God is good God who loves his people.
and I believe:
We live in a fallen world full of pain.
I can hold both of those truths and chose to believe that in the end it will all work together for those who follow and love Christ.

So for today I will chose to kiss my child far more than he likes it! I will hold him close. I will say my prayers over him and remember that he is on loan to us. I will thank God for giving me one more day of being his mother, for being Bryan's wife. I will put my computer down, put my to do list away for a while and SNUGGLE. In fact- thats what I will do right now!!!

1 comment:

Sarah Joseph said...

Didn't know you had a blog. I've learned a lot from Baby James too- such a precious life. I snuggled lots and lots last week and will continue to. Did you know Kara? I didn't know her at Baylor but a number of my friends did. My heart is broken for her. Your sweet Ethan is too cute and seems like a perfect snuggler!