Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Yes - No - I have a better idea...

I think God has three answers to our prayers... "Yes" (which I rarely hear) "No" and "I have a better idea." It's hard t hear that last one huh? When I think about waiting for Bryans job... wanting a baby... wanting a house...all these things that my head said "NOW!!" and God saiys ""I have a better idea!" Its a better idea to stay and wait ... to be patient.. to enjoy life where I am with what I have.

To get me out of this funk.... I chose to think about my blessings. Have you ever just sat down and thanked the Lord for everything he has done for you? I mean really EVERYTHING?? The sunrise, the rain, hearing my dogs play in the other room, watching my mom eating fried pie, Bryan's recovery, that I have a place to live to begin with, that I have a job.....honestly it would take days.

So now- I chose to be thankful. In the middle of the storm there is always hope for the sunset.

No comments: