Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Dog backwards is God--- that's no accident!

I got Jake senior year of college. Both of the dogs I had growing up died within a month of each other and I just lost it. It was like Where the Redfern Grows... You never know how much you love something till you dont have it.. thats for sure. Honestly I think it was just to shut me up, but my roommates came together and bought me Jake. Liz and I went up the Waco pound and found Jake's litter.. they were wall yappy and crazy... except Jake. Who, much like he is today, was sleeping soundly in the back.

Jake has been my constant companion for the last 6 years. He has moved with me 6 times, say up with in the middle of nights of recovery, been my sounding board as I questioned my place in life, and now the best friend of my husband! He has taught me much about compassion, indurance, and patience... and Love... LOTS OF LOVE!

Peeka is the newest member of the family. I HATED little dogs till this little thing. Bryan, on the other hand, wanted a dog to sit on his lap while I was at work (since Jake is happy laying alone in the other room).... so I bought him Peeka in March. She is a mess.... and has given us a sign of what parenting a toddler may look like. She is constantly demanding attention, doing things to make you pick her up and kiss her... this little thing is nonstop. And.. believe it or not... I adore her! She and Jake are now best buds and sleep together. She will do anything to get close to her brother... he doesnt care, but I swear I see him roll his eyes at her sometimes!!
I can't wait to see how they will react to a baby someday!








I dont know if you could tell , but Jakes favorite place is resting his head on our coffee table, while peeka likes to sneak underneath it!! A glass coffee table is a BAD idea with nose marks all over it! The last picture is of Bryan making Peeka into the easter bunny!!

No comments: