Saturday, October 18, 2008

Where did it go?

Somehow we let love slip away. IN the midst of our maddening lives we become human doings and not human beings. We let our jobs, our stress, and ourselves get in the way of the reason I think we are here to begin with- TO LOVE and TO BE!

This weekend I got the chance to do both of them. Since we have been married, Bryan and my life have been a constant mad race for something... it was first a race to get on the road to the honeymoon, then his promotion, my new job, his back surgery, recovering from his back surgery, an addition to my job and his 2nd promotion. Life- stress- money- they sneek in and stole my joy away. But this weekend I just "was." We did nothing- ran errands, layed in bed watching movies, reminded eachother of why we fell in love to begin with...

We are only here once, and it's not for too long... why spend it doing and going and pushing... no one else on the planet lives like us insane Americans do. Today I chose to be a human "being" even in the midst of my busy schedule. I chose to be still and know that He is God and thank Him that I am not!

No comments: