Monday, April 11, 2011

What does this look like????




YES!! Looks like we are going HOME TOMORROW! At only 34 weeks this little boy will be coming home. I have mixed feelings about this- lets face it I am a hormonal mess. I am ELATED that he is doing so well that he can come home. He is a fabulous eater and sleeper. I am BLESSED that God has taken care of my son. I am SCARED POOP LESS about taking a premie home. I think I would be afraid simply taking home a newborn, however today we went over the rules of what to do and not to do with a premie. I am SAD about losing all the sweet time Bryan and I have with just each other. I know that starting tomorrow we will lose all our time to just be us. I am OVERWHELMED at the idea that this little life is our responsibility- what if i do it wrong? what if i forget all the things the nurses tried to teach me?!?!




I also vowed to not be THAT mom.. the overprotective "dont touch my baby, wash your hands, keep your babies locked in doors" mom... and then I talked to the NICU premie doctor. It looks like I will become that room.

1) Nobody is to hold the baby that works with kids, hangs out with kids, has been sick at all recently, may be sick, and hasnt washed their hands. Even then, the doctor would prefer him not being passed around.

(SERIOUSLY look how small his little bottome is!)

2)He cant be out in public long- and if we do take him out we should put a blanket over the stroller so people don't breathe on him.

3) We need to wash our hands ALL THE TIME- in fact mom stocked our house today with anibacterial wash- there is some in EVERY room of the house.

4) He needs to take his premie vitamins each day! =)

5) No bouncing!! Its natural for people to pick up a baby and rock them- but its not allowed with premies. Their little systems cant take it. So no rocking in my arms, and no bouncy seats.


(Look at that- his bed is finally FLAT!!!)

I have become THAT mom.. I suppose half by forced doctors orders and half because I have a child that should still be inside of me for the next 6 weeks. Once we reach his actual due date than some of the rules change- but looks like he will be taking extra vitamins, food and a couple other precautions for several months to come. Thats okay- God is good and will get us through this!




This guy on the other hand seems to have no issues- he is SO EXCITED to have Ethan home! Look at that smile.

2 comments:

dana.telep said...

Oh Sarah!
Such a wonderful day for you and your new little family. Don't worry about the restrictions - they are only for a short season in a long life. It doesn't mean that you've become a worried and controlling mother.

Enjoy these quiet days at home. Let others take care of you and you just take care of that precious boy.

love,
Dana

Sarah Joseph said...

He is just adorable Sarah! Such a cute little guy. You mentioned you will miss time with just the hubs, but you'll LOVE just gushing over Ethan together! Congrats again!