Friday, April 1, 2011

Moving On Up



It doesn't look like much at first. but these are Ethan's new digs. Maybe a wider room view would help... check this out..



Yepp- today we moved OUT OF THE NICU. It was actually harder on me than i thought. I hated having him in the NICU- but he was so little and fragile that I knew it was the best for him. He had THE BEST NURSES watching him 24 hours a day. So I had a "mild" freak out today when we came to visit him and the doctor wanted to move him to Special Care. He is off everything except his G-tube, but tomorrow he will try to eat out of the bottle. The doctor said he doesnt need the round the clock intense care that NICU has to offer. So Special Care is the "inbetween" nursery. He gets his own room- its a place for him to practice and master eating, get off the Gtube, gain weight.

In order to go home he needs to be COMPLETELY on the bottle and have 5 days without forgetting to breathe (a fun party trick of Ethans!). Starting tomorrow I will likely spend the night with him and practice being a mommy. He has a nurse that checks on him in his room when Bryan and I arent able to be with him. I am in love with this little man and dont want to leave him- but am working on also sleeping as much as I can. When he comes home I wont have the nurses to take over.

I think this guy is a certain fighter!!! =) He is amazing and stronger each day!

No comments: