Friday, April 22, 2011

The Path to TODAY

Lost our first pregnancy in 2008...

...tried to get pregnant for 2 years...

...tests, tests and more tests! Heard that
we would never be able to have children...

...found out we were pregnant in fall of 2010...

...diagnosed with Preeclampsia and put on strict bed rest...

...emergency c-section 2 months early...

... over 3 weeks in the NICU...

...home with a 35 week Premie and all new rules..


... and through it all God has been so ridiculously faithful and loving. In the midst of the chaos I certainly didn't see it. There were days (okay often months and years) that I thought that he had forgotten about us. Everyone around us was getting pregnant, raising precious children, and I was struggling to believe that God would be faithful to his promise. But through it all, and through all my whining to Him, he was AMAZINGLY FAITHFUL!

Every mother loves their child, but I think theres something different in the heart of a mom that has struggled so hard to have that child. We don't love our children more, but its IMPOSSIBLE to take any thing for granted. Every little move, face, and breathe are nothing less than a miracle. He shouldn't be here. All the doctors say that we shouldn't be pregnant and all the pediatricians say he shouldn't be home at 35 weeks. This precious soul fought to be here!

My heart LOVES being a mom but my body hates being pregnant. In the last several years I have been in the hospital and told that I was going to die if they didn't take the baby out. I am grateful that this time I got to hold this little blessing. God has a plan in all of it- I'm not sure what it is yet, but i know there is a purpose in all this.

I am simply in ah this morning and can't help but be sentimental.

No comments: