Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Santa Clause Mishap

I have been looking forward to my children's first picture with Santa for as long as I can remember. As a kid I saw Santa, but I don't remember seeing the pictures very often. I didn't take Ethan the last 2 years because I wanted him to get it.

So we have been talking about Santa for a week (bronchitis put a damper in our first attempt). He would not hush his sweet little mouth about sitting on Santa's lap and telling him what he wanted. After work I had a rare moment and said "forget plans-lets just go- NOW!"

And it looked something like this..

Step 1: Ethan does NOT stop talking the whole way to the mall about how he is going to tell Santa that he
"wants a Mike Wazowski stuffed animal  or toy.... and  Tyler can't talk so I will talk for him and I think he wants a Sully toy.. oh yea he already has a Sully.. well maybe he wants books. Yea- Tyler wants books. You like books Tyler? He likes books right mom?"

Step 2: As we park Ethan SCREAMS with excitement at the idea of Santa. He yells at Tyler "TT Monkey- we are going to see Santa!!! SANTA!!!! Well, unless he went to go get lunch or take a nap. Right mom? Remember when Santa went to eat lunch?" (Rewind to last week when we saw Santa at another mall. I told him we would circle the mall and see him again, well when we came back he was gone. Ethan looked at me and said "I guess he went to eat his lunch").

Step 3: Elevator is broken at the mall so we have to strut to the other side to see Santa. As we pass the place that Ethan knows we should be going to he says "mom we are going to pass Santa"... I love how toddlers think parents are total idiots. =)

Step 4: We are in line and boys see Santa. Both start laughing and pointing. Ethan wants to get out of the stroller and go up there. The girl in front of us is finished and he walks up to Santa with no problem...

and this then happens..



YEP!
Step 5: TOTALLY FROZE! His body went stiff, he didn't speak, I am not sure he even blinked. Tyler totally freaked out and I am just not the mom that cares bad enough to see their kiddo cry in a picture so he stayed with me.

Step 6: When Santa asks him what he wants he just stares at him. Then back at me. Then back at Santa. Not saying a word. I chime in with "dont you want a mike wazowski toy?"  With a faint whisper he looks at Santa and says  "Mike Please"

Step 7: The second Ethan gets off Santa's lap he looks at me with great concern and says "Where is my Mike Wazowski toy?"  Oh dear.

As we were leaving the mall Ethan said "Mommy this has been a good day." So I went with it and took the boys to their favorite (and mine) Chipotle for dinner. Bryan has been working ridiculous hours, so its just me all the time so I will do anything not to be home.
Apparently it was an amazing episode of Lazy Town. And YES I am that  mom who brings the Ipad to restaurants.

My boys love their beans and rice!

It's hard to watch the boys alone. Shout out to all the single moms. Bryan is doing everything in his power to spend time with us during the week, but during this season we just expect to spend time with him on the weekends. That is why I am so thankful for bedtime movies, adult drinks in Mickey Christmas cups, and mommy time post bedtime.





1 comment: