Friday, December 6, 2013

Ice Day

I hear other mom friends talk about their love of snow/ice days. They look forward to the sweet moments with their kiddos. Am I the only mom that thinks "Oh crap.. what in the world am I going to do with them all day?" I am NOT the mom to stay at home. Most days when we have nothing planned we are still out the door by 8:30am to hit the zoo, the museums, the mall, the Arboretum, ANYWHERE but staying at home. So the idea of being home alone (since my sweet UPS man is working a 24 hour day-- thats right.. THANK YOU UPS MAN!) with two toddlers for 2 straight days.

So, because outside looked like this... 

then our living room looked a little bit like this... 

... then our kitchen table was covered with art projects like this... 

.. then my legos looked like this.. 

...because one 2 year old looked like this.. 

but luckily their love for the Wizard of Oz made them look like this... 

So at least at the end of the day I had this to look forward to. 

Oh, my sacred down time. If you haven't discovered Brene Brown- pick her up. It's so refreshing to read someone who has both down the research and sounds approachable. This particular book has come at the right time for me. A book on vulnerability.Every sentence slaps me in the face. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

Random Thoughts by Jewels said...

This made me laugh out loud...especially the Legos. :)