Monday, September 2, 2013

Examples

Oh, the importance of example. It's both precious and RIDICULOUSLY terrifying how much children learn simply by watching their parents. They are soaking in every single minute. How are they suppose to treat their friends- well how does mommy treat her friends? how does daddy treat mommy? How are we suppose to talk to others-Well how does mommy talk to people around her?
 
I learned this lesson by walking in on Ethan reading my Bible. He was saying " Read Mommy's Bible- talk about Jesus. Read Mommy's Bible- talk about Jesus." And Tyler was soaking it all in (also terrifying and precious to see the Monkey See Monkey Do relationship of these 2). It wasn't the lectures during time out, the intentional learning time he is mimicking (although these are important), it was something I didn't even think he saw. He was watching me live life and know knows that Jesus is important is important to mommy. My prayer is that Jesus is important to His sweet heart.

 
Oh, how our everything is being watched and picked up on. I am in a bad mood- they are in a bad mood. I want to do a dance party to Aerosmith before church than they are left laughing like fools!

 
Intentional learning is so important. They are learning everything. And sweet one-on-one learning is important to their learning. They need hands on games, puzzles, technology,  physical learning time, they need to be read to- but they will learn WHO they are and WHOSE they are by simply watching us living our lives.
 
Before lunch today Bryan gave the quick "Oh shoot I forgot to pray and I am starving and Tyler is already eating prayer " ..." Dear Lord thank you for this food Amen." I thought nothing of it, until I looked over and Ethan was still sitting there with his hands together and eyes closed ready to talk to God longer. STAB MY HEART- your right buddy. Thank you for watching me on the days when I get it- because then you can remind me on days when I forget... Putting God FIRST (even before my growling tummy) is too important to rush.
 
AND BECAUSE IT'S TOO CUTE... HERE IS PIZZA NIGHT!
 

No comments: