Wednesday, August 28, 2013

What's Your Passion

I'm THAT mom rhat allows her son to relax to IPAD puzzles. 

    
I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure. For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption. You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Psalm 16:8-11

God created us to have PEACE, but it is not a natural feeling.. There are a million things that can cause us to stop and FREAK OUT. Heck, social meeting is the worst for me. I look at people's Facebook page or blog and think "I stink as a mom- why am i not doing daily beautiful crafts, why can i not make dinosaur pancakes, my boys birthday parties are nothing like that!" We have a path we think our lives SHOULD be on, and then when it doesn't (like when we don't get the house we thought we NEEDED and or the job that you think is WAY out of your giftedness) we tend to slump our shoulders and turn into Eeor. Our heart goes into a heart of discouragement instead of thanksgiving. All that attitude says to God is " thanks but no thanks- you got this all wrong. I know better what my life should look like. LIES!!

I'm in a job I thought I would hate. Preschool teacher. I have worked with teens since I was one, and now I work with 2 year olds. Forget Bible studies, chipotle nights, And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father., lesson plans... Now I have to show them Christ simply by who I am. Therein is the issue. When I first took this job I didn't think that was enough. I thought the only way to show Christ was X, Y and Z.. Simply being around grouchy, moody Ms Sarah would likely spur TOWARD the devil.:)

But those were all lies. The devil knows my buttons and insecurity is a huge one!! Being me is enough because HE is. When I spend my mornings with Him.. Better yet.. My entire day with Him than its HIS love that cones out of me.

God has taught me to love the hear and now.. To have a passion for my place in this world, and to realize that in ALL I do (even if its not my plan) to thank and praise him.

And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.col 3:17