Sunday, September 29, 2013

Thank you God

I am about to brag on MY GOD! And one particular sweet man that He saved...

My sweet husband.
 
 
When we first met, Bryan knew God but had no personal relationship with Him. In fact, after years of seeing Christians act.. well not so Christ-like he had some major healing to do with his idea of who God is and what it meant to be a Christian.

 
God certainly pursued Bryan... and HARD! He continued to send men of God in his life to speak truth and model what a man of God looked like. And His life started changing. He was a youth minister's husband- meaning he was the assistant youth minister,.. and he was a HUGE blessing to those kids. As a new believer and a doubter through high school he could relate to the students and speak to them in a way I never could.

 
Before I met Bryan I asked God for man that pursued him or and for a man who would be the spiritual head of the household. And when I met him I thought "he is HOT, funny, sweet, compassionate- but God, he doesnt know you. What are you thinking?" But now, in God's amazing timing- I know EXACTLY what He was thinking.

 
Bryan has pursued God and God has pursued Him. He is reading scripture, memorizing it to his heart, speaking the truth in love to me when I need it, praying with the boys, having discipline with the boys, and surrounding himself with other men wanting the same.
 
 
I am thankful. I am thankful for a husband who asks God first what we should do and always trusts that He will come through on his promises. Thank you God and thank you Bryan for continuing to be the head of the household I always prayed for.
 
 
Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love.
1 Corinthians 16:13