Sunday, June 9, 2013

Learning Emotions

Right now we are learning about identifying emotions at our house. It started with Ethan hitting or taking a toy away from Tyler. I would try to have him stop and look at T and ask "how do you think Ty is feeling?"... yea maybe a horrible parenting move for Tyler as he is bawling on the ground and I am taking a time to ask Ethan if crying is happy or sad. Yikes- won't do that again.
Once he mastered happy, sad and scared he is now identifying everyone. Even Barney- who is ALWAYS happy.

I love this age because now I can figure out what makes him happy. Yesterday as we were playing outside he ran to me and pointed to his bottom yelling "PooPoo on booty mommy- Ethan Happy!" Really Ethan? Poopoo on your booty makes you  happy? Alright. And this morning when asked what he wanted for breakfast, he opened the fridge, saw the cold pizza and grabbed it saying "Mommy PIZZA! Pizza and Juice Ethan Happy!"
 
It's a great reminder to met his week though. As I study the scriptures on JOY, I am reminded that it's not about the big things that bring happiness and joy. It's the little things... apparently like poop and cold pizza.

No comments: