Sunday, April 14, 2013

Daddy's Vacation

I love being a boy mommy. I love little boys and am so grateful that God chose me to raise these two. What I haven't realized is how much Ethan has become a daddy's boy. Bryan was home on vacation all last week and it became so very evident to us that E has switched over from mommy's boy to daddy's boy.

We spent the whole week just soaking in every moment we could with daddy. First was Wild About Harry's... name something better for boys than hot dogs and ice cream?!?! NOTHING!

All 3 of the boys ate all their hot dogs.
 
Then we headed to the mall on Tuesday for a morning walk. Ethan wanted to get out of the stroller and walk with daddy. Who needs mommy and Tyler when daddy is around. Then Ethan wanted to eat (an hourly occurrence) and wanted to sit "MYSELF" and I let him. This is a fun but hard age for ME. He wants to so  much alone. I know he is still very dependent on mommy and daddy, but I also know its my job to make sure that he can live independently. And sitting at a table 12 feet away is a great first step. Oh God help me, if this was tough on my heart I can't imagine the day he gets his license.
 
The one thing both boys love is story time with daddy.. Tyler is no exception
 
"Dada's Shoes?!?" He wants to be just like daddy.
 
Towards the end of the week the kids and I started to get sick with allergies (you know I am a good mom who passed on my cool genes of sensitive skin and seasonal allergies). Both boys started to run fevers so I was taking their temperature as much as I could to see if it would break in time for school. Well, monkey see monkey do around here and I turned around to find Ethan taking Jake's temperature. Poor dog- the two of them have a love ate relationship (Jake HATES that Ethan LOVES him).
 
And we ended vacation just how Ethan would want it- special time with daddy. Golf lessons. At 2 he has ZERO patience in learning, so it became more of a "smack the ball" kind of a game.

Tyler, I am glad to say, is still a momma's boy. He may be my last baby so I am soaking in every second that he wants to be with me. I know some day VERY SOON he is going to want to be with daddy more.
 

1 comment:

Random Thoughts by Jewels said...

So sweet! You have such a cute family!