Sunday, August 24, 2014

End of the Summer


The end of summer is so bitter sweet for me. I have to admit, I am SO READY to have the kids and I back into a routine. I don't do well without my day scheduled, and I honestly I am a much better mom and wife when my dayplanner is color coded and full. 

However, there have been so many random moments of pure sweetness and fun this summer that I don't often appreciate in those scheduled months. I must learn from these moments. There is love and joy in the comes from the random sporadic fun. I suppose I need to make room on my to do list for "sporadic fun!" No, but really. 

Last week we had a paint party. Throw some paper up on the fence, get the paint out- and ta da!! So fun. 





And then last night we had a dance party. The three of us have daily dance parties, but yesterday was one for the books. Daddy joined us, we turned off the lights and did a rave with glowsticks, and got out all the instruments. I haven't had that much fun in a really long time.  



The typical happens. 
Tyler: " Mommy- dance with me." 
Ethan: "Look at me Mommy... I am a rockstar!? 




And of course Watermelon breaks. 



I will miss this summer. But I am so glad that I soaked in every minute of fun time with them. This year is starting off busy and it's going to be a year of transitions for sure. These years are going by so very fast.

No comments: