Monday, August 11, 2014

Death

Death is a tough subject with toddlers. Their brains can hardly handle the concept that their teachers don''t live in their school, let alone someone being gone.

Today Ethan explained that the way we were driving looked like he way to Wahado's house (the name of my grandmother who passed away a couple of moms ago).

"Do you remember where I said Wahado was now?"
"Umm... Nope."
"She's in heaven with Jesus."
" that makes me sad... I miss her."
"Me too."

A few minutes later

"Why is she in heaven?"
"Because she dies. And when you love Jesus and die you get to live with Jesus."
" how did she die?"
"Umm... Sometimes when people get older they get really sick..."( I panicked!)
" she should go to Dr Hanig... He always makes me better."
" yep. He does. But sometimes when you get older your body just can't get well and so she went to be with Jesus."

He seems to be okay with my answers.

Tyler " Wahado die?
Ethan " yes."
T- " how did she die?"
E- " she got old and then moved to live with Jesus. . Jesus loved her a lot."
T-  why no bandaid?

What a sweet and innocent heart to think and truly  believe that a bandaid could fix anything. In the midst of all the hurt in the world I think maybe it's time to remember to think like a 2 year old.

-always remember and remind others that Jesus loves us a lot
- we should continue to hold the ones we love dearly in our hearts and in our tongues
- sometimes a hug and a bandaid really can cure the soul
- feel your feelings, jump into them , then move on

My boys teach me more than I could ever teach them. Thanks for he reminder today buddies.