Tuesday, May 22, 2012

It Takes a Village- I Love My Village

Things have changed around here. I have left the church and am now a stay at home mom and love it. One of the amazing things, however, that has come out of the last several years of working with teens is the relationship that I have with some of my girls. This particular group of girls has been there through the good and bad. They were the first ones at church that knew that I lost a baby, they were the ones who asked EVERY WEEK if I was pregnant yet, they were the ones who decorated the nursery when I was on bedrest, they were the ones who visited Ethan in the NICU and were the same ones ready to keep up with us over the last year. This picture was taken May of 2011. The girls had just graduated from high school and were talking about all that they were excited about in the coming year. It was one of Ethan's first outtings and so very fun to see us all on a new beginning.
Just this last week, we met back up (well most of us) to meet for lunch again. The girls had just finished their first year at college. They were excited to share about the church homes they had found, the sorority activities, boys they were dating, and their summer plans. This time however, Ethan was flirting with them the whole time. =) Oh what a year can do.
I am a firm believer that God created us for community. We are not meant to be alone, and we are not meant to raise children alone either. My boys will need a variety of people in their lives to help them find out who they are and what God has in store for them. I am grateful that God put these sweet girls in our lives. I can't wait to see where God leads them in the next several years as they become the women of God that He created them to be. I can't wait to see the relationship my boys have these sweet hearts. And I am beyond grateful everyday for the village He has blessed us with.

No comments: