Tuesday, August 30, 2011

5 months

Oh 5 months. Its such a fun age (except for this look how loud I can scream phase that I could do without most mornings and late nights). This month E is really catching up for lost time and there is no sign of premie in him anywhere.

We are playing in the Johnny Jump Up on a regular basis. We haven't got the "jumping" part down, but we just walk around in circles most times which is just as exciting... for everyone but the dogs!


We have started eating solids since he was taking in far too many calories with formula. This boy changes what he wants everyday. Somedays he LOVES his food and takes the spoon from me to eat. The next day he won't eat a thing. I am ready for something a little more consistant but this is a fun "play with your food" stage.


E started Mothers Day Out. Its a great way for him to learn to socialize and for me to get some work done at the office without any interuptions. His teachers are simply fabulous and the transition was so much easier than I thought. However, on meet the teacher night the kid starts screaming BLOODY MURDER and selfishly all I can think "OH NO! I want you teachers to like you!" I came in apologizing the first day of school and saying he is much better in the mornings than he is at night. And he is. However he is proving to be VERY Jekyl and Hide. He is happy and content, until he is not- and then he is NOT!!!


We have changed to sleeping about 8-9 hours a night. If I could just get that to be during normal hours that would be great. Until then I will be going to bed at 9pm.


I am loving every second of mommyhood. I love every second with him this little. I work with big kids and know that all too soon he will be one too. He will hate me, and talk about how lame I am to his friends. He will be embaressed to bring his friends home, and I will be a "horrible" parent because I make him come home at midnight. His shoes will stink and he will never make his bed- I am prepared and actually excited for all that too. But I know that all too soon this little muncher will be a big ol teenager- so I hold him more than I should- kiss him all the time- and spend every second with him that I possibly can.

No comments: