Monday, May 9, 2011

Mothers Day



Sunday threw me off my rocker completely. I wasn't ready for the feelings that arose on Sunday morning. As I was feeding Ethan before we headed out to the dog park (my request for mothers day!) I began to weep. WEEP!!! It dawned on me that I never thought this day would come. I have wanted to be a mother for as long as I can remember. I tried for years to tell myself that I didn't care if it happened or not- but God put a desire in my heart to be a mom when I was born!

After 3 years of trying, losing our first baby and one of my tubes, 2 early miscarriages, failed fertility treatments, and finally being told we wouldn't have a baby- I thought FOR SURE this day would never be here. I looked into the eyes of my son and was overwhelmed by love for him and appreciation for the God that granted me this little miracle. His entry into thsi world was tough and tramatic- but at the end of the day I would do it all over again!! In fact I hope by next mothers day we are expecting another miracle. =)

No comments: