Monday, March 14, 2011

Sarah... Checking In on the COUCH!



That's right. It's strict bedrest for me. I went in for a regular OB appointment... seemingly no big deal. However, my blood pressure was off the charts, my feet were the size of boats and there was "something wrong" with my urine test. I thought those were all signs of a normal pregnancy since I felt completely normal. But before I knew it I was in the hospital for 48 hour stasy. BOO! The diagnosis PREECLAMPSIA... the cure is birth. Thats right the only way to cure this issue is to get him out of me.

Since we are only at 31 weeks we want him to stay in as long as he can... which will likely not be 40 weeks, but I am crossing my fingers for at least 34 weeks. So for now its time for bed rest, working from home, catching up on letter writing, journaling, and loads of cuddeling with my dogs.



The type A personality in me is going insane however. The nursery is half down, the office still isnt completely unpacked, the bed is never made, there are often fur balls on the floor, there is dust on the tv, I can't get my work done, I cant be there for all the end of year festivities for my sweet students... God is certainly taching me something but I dont know what it is yet.

For now I am loving on this little guy... and kind of loving that i get a weekly sonogram to see this smiley face!!

No comments: