Monday, March 17, 2014

Spring a ling a ling time

I must say, I loved Spring Break a lot better when I was a teenager. No school- playing with friends- no bedtime. I can even imagine what it will be like when the boys are teenagers and they sleep all day- WONDROUS!! However, Spring break with two toddlers is HELL! 

All 3 of us are creatures of habit. I am lucky to have married a man who can go off schedule- but I can not. I need routine, boys need routine. And so I dread summers and spring break. YIKES! By Wednesday morning we were all cranky. Amongst the craziness I loved capturing the every day sweet memories though. 

 Like waffles (and pink eye). 

Like watching all the big trucks "break our street"... yep it was lovely having to park on another street and walk home with the boys down the alley. 

Like the playroom looking like a tornado hit it. 

Like brushing our teeth several times a day for fun. And apparently checking out our muscles. 

Like doing EVERYTHING our brother does. 

Like birthday parties. 

Like hanging out with Mr Todd. 

Even though I am certainly ready for tomorrow when our routine kicks back in, I do love every second I get with these two. Even on mornings when I am losing my temper,losing my patience, hurting my feet on legos, yelling "dont spit on your brother" for the 384848534356 time, singing the Frozen songs AGAIN... I wouldn't trade this chaos for anything. I prayed for this. And boy am I thankful this chaotic life is my life. 

No comments: