Sunday, December 30, 2012

I mean really?

So, I think social media has made me more anxious than I already am( if that's even humanly possible). I look around on FB, Pinterest & blogs and see peoples holidays PERFECT. Their kids not only saw Santa in matching monogrammed outfits, but they also hosted holiday parties, went on a vacation, got their kids ridiculous amounts of expensive toys and made handmade Christmas presents for their kids teachers. I mean REALLY?? In reality holidays around here, and I expect for a lot of people is survival. Bryan works 14+ hours 6 days a week during December... Leaving me alone with two hooligans. We tried to be generous with our family gifts and so I neither had the money nor energy to make gifts for my kids teachers or my friends. We not only didn't host a party, but didn't make it to the ones we were invited to. Our house looks like Toys R Us threw up. We went to the hospital to see both of our new nieces, but only lasted till meltdowns began.

Maybe if i didn't check social media i wouldn't feel like a Christmas failure. Unfortunately its human nature, especially for women, to compare. But I do have a choice and I will chose to see the success of this holiday

1) we are all still alive and somewhat clean
2) Ethan can pick out and say baby jesus and mama Mary in the nativity
3) we have a new appreciation for how hard daddy works to provide for us
4) we may not have made the parties, but we spent the time bonding as a family
5) we didn't see santa, but we spent time laughing and screaming at the choochoos at the mall instead

I, Sarah, am a horrible comparer. It gets me in trouble a lot. But God asks to have a thankful heart. And a thankful heart turns into a happy heart. And boy do i have loads to be thankful for!!!





No comments: